Platinum Guild International USA Press Site — Terms of Service
- Welcome to the Platinum Guild International USA Press Site. This web site is owned and operated by Platinum Guild International Jewelry USA, Inc. (PGI USA). Visitors to this web site are bound by the following terms and conditions, so please read them carefully before going on. For purposes of these terms and conditions, “this web site” means the Platinum Guild International USA Press Site that you are currently viewing, and any other Platinum Guild International (PGI) site that links to this web site.
- Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided on this web site is accurate and up-to-date. PGI USA and its affiliates are not, however, responsible or liable for inaccuracies or errors that may be contained in this web site. If you choose to access and use this web site, you do so at your own risk.
- Other PGI web sites may contain terms and conditions that are different from these terms and conditions. When navigating around the PGI web sites, please check the terms and conditions of each web site that you visit and do not assume that these terms and conditions apply to all PGI web sites.
PGI companies have their own separate identities, but in this web site, we may sometimes use “Platinum Guild International”, “Group”, “PGI,” “we” or “us” when we refer to PGI companies in general or where no useful purpose is served by identifying any particular PGI company.
Links & Third-Party Sites
- This web site may include links to external web sites. When you follow such links, the external web site may appear as a full screen (in which case you will need to use the back button on your browser to return to this web site) or in some cases it may appear within the frame of this web site (in which case you will be able to return to this web site by using the navigation buttons within the frame). Where an external web site appears within the frame of this web site, this is purely for ease of navigation back to this web site and does not indicate any input, control or responsibility on our part for the external web site concerned, even if it is a web site owned and operated by another PGI company.
- These links are provided in order to help you more quickly and easily find relevant web sites, services and/or products that may be of interest to you. It is your responsibility to decide whether any services and/or products available through any of these web sites are suitable for your purposes. PGI USA does not control, and is not responsible for, these web sites. You acknowledge and agree that PGI USA is not responsible for the availability of such external sites or resources, and does not endorse, and is not responsible or liable for, any content, advertising, products, or other materials on or available from such sites, or any products or services they supply, or the content of their web sites, and PGI USA does not give or enter into any conditions, warranties or other terms or representations in relation to any of these web sites and will have no responsibility or liability in relation to any of these web sites (including, but not limited to, any liability arising out of any claim that the content of any external web site to which this web site includes a link infringes the intellectual property or other rights of any third party).
- All information or advice provided as part of this web site is intended to be general in nature, and you should not rely on it in connection with the making of any decision. PGI USA tries to ensure that all information provided as part of this web site is correct at the time of inclusion on the web site but does not guarantee the accuracy of such information. PGI USA is not liable for any action you may take as a result of relying on such information or advice or for any loss or damage suffered by you as a result of your taking any such action.
- PGI USA shall not in any event be liable for any damages (whether indirect, incidental, special, consequential or otherwise) arising out of, or in any way connected with, the use of this web site, or with any delayed access to, or inability to use, or for any information, products, or services obtained through, this web site, or otherwise arising out of the use of this web site, whether based on contract, tort, strict liability or otherwise, even if PGI USA has been advised of the possibility of damages.
- This web site contains material, including text, photographs and other images and sound, which are protected by copyright, trademark and/or other intellectual property rights. All copyright and other intellectual property rights in this material are owned by PGI USA or its affiliates, or by third parties.
- This web site also contains trademarks, including the mark “Platinum Guild International” and the Pt emblem. PGI USA or its affiliates own certain marks included on this web site, while other marks are owned by third parties.
- You may:
- Access any part of this web site.
- Print off or download one copy of the images or materials for your own use.
- Use these images or materials only for print or online editorial about platinum jewelry per the terms and conditions outlined in this web site’s Conditions of Use.
- You may not:
- Remove or change any copyright, trademark or other intellectual property notice from any material or image copied, printed off or downloaded from this web site.
- Use these images or material in any way not authorized in this web site’s Conditions of Use.
- Link to this web site.
If you wish to provide a hypertext or other link to this web site, please contact the top site editor with details of:
- the URL(s) of the web page(s) from which you are proposing to link to this web site, and
- the URL(s) of the web page(s) to which you are proposing to link to this web site.
PGI USA does not design, manufacture, distribute or sell any of the products shown in this web site. All such products originate with the designer, manufacturer, distributor and/or retailer concerned, many of whom are identified in this web site. In addition, PGI USA did not create many of the photographs and other images that are available on this web site. Rather, many such photographs and other images have been supplied to PGI USA by third parties. Accordingly, PGI USA and its agencies are not responsible or liable for any actual or alleged infringement or other violation of any copyright, patent, design patent, trademark, other intellectual property, contractual or other legal right of any person arising out of or in connection with the design, manufacture, distribution, sale, advertising, promotion, display, reproduction or use of any such product or any such photograph or other image. Your reproduction or use of any such product, photograph or other image is solely at your own risk.
If you believe that any material on this web site infringes your copyright, please notify us as follows, under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”). To notify us, the DMCA requires that you send a notice to PGI through our agency, The Shand Group, with attention to Chris Weakley, 1482 East Valley Road, Santa Barbara, CA 93108, and include the following information in your email:
a. identity of the copyrighted work(s) you claim is infringed;
b. identity of the material you claim is infringing the copyright(s), and enough information for us to locate that material;
c. a physical or electronic signature of the copyright owner or a person authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf (“Claimant”);
d. the Claimant’s name, address, telephone number(s) and, if available, email address;
e. a statement that the Claimant has a good faith belief that use of the disputed material is not authorized by the copyright owner or his, her or its agent, or the law; and
f. a statement that the information in the notification of copyright infringement is accurate and, under penalty of perjury, that the Claimant is the copyright owner or is authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner.
Changes to Terms and Conditions
- PGI USA may change the terms, conditions, and disclaimers set out in these Terms of Service, or this web site’s Conditions of Use, from time to time. All changes will be effective immediately upon posting to this web site. By browsing this web site, you accept and agree to the then-current terms and conditions and disclaimer. It is your responsibility to check these each time you revisit this or any other PGI web site.
Changes to Operation of Web Site
- PGI USA may change the format and content of this web site at any time.
- PGI USA may suspend the operation of this web site for support or maintenance work, in order to update the content or for any other reason.
- PGI USA reserves the right to terminate access to this web site at any time and without notice.
- If you have a question or complaint about this web site, please contact the PGI USA Editor at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We may receive and store any information that you enter on our web site or give us in any other way. You provide this information when you search; participate in a contest or questionnaire; communicate with customer service; provide information when you register on this site or download an image or other material from this web site; or communicate with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. As a result of those actions, you might supply us with such information as your name, address, zip code, mobile or other telephone number, date of birth, gender, credit card information, information on how you use our services and information on your browsing activity when visiting our web sites and any other information with respect of your use of our services. We might also ask for other specific information from time to time. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, customizing future use of the web site for you, improving our site and communicating with you. Please be assured that we will not pass on any information to unaffiliated third parties (except for third party service providers as mentioned above) without your express consent.
- Where feasible, PGI USA may give users the option to edit the personal information given to us and/or to remove a user’s name from our roster, or to unsubscribe from any email lists for which you previously signed up.
- We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many web sites, we use “cookies” and we obtain certain types of information when your web browser accesses this web site. Third parties might also do this on our site. Examples of information that we collect and analyze using technology which is not readily apparent include the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet; log in; e-mail address; domain name; password; computer and connection information such as browser type and version, operating system and platform; purchase history; the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), click stream to, through and from our web site, including date and time; cookie number; pages or images downloaded, viewed or searched for; your site history; phone number used to contact us; and other information indicated in this web site’s Conditions of Use. A number of companies offer utilities designed to help you visit web sites anonymously.
- These terms and conditions are governed by and to be interpreted in accordance with the laws of the State of New York, USA, and in the event of any dispute arising in relation to these terms and conditions, or any other dispute arising in relation to this web site, whether in contract or tort or otherwise, you hereby consent that the Federal or state courts located in New York County, New York, USA will have exclusive jurisdiction over such dispute.
- If you have any questions, contact us at: PGI USA – 500 Fifth Avenue, Suite 5120, New York, NY 10110, (212) 404-1604, email@example.com.